GOAL SCORING –
- A goal may be scored from a touch on the offensive half on the playing field.
- Scored when the entire ball completely goes over the goal line.
GOAL BOX –
- The goal box, ten feet wide by eight feet long, is directly in front of the goal.
- No player may touch the ball within the goal box, however any player may move through the goal box.
- Any part of the ball or player’s body on the line is considered in the goal box
THE PLAYER IS AN EXTENSION OF THE BOX.
GOAL BOX INFRACTION –
- Occurs if a defender touches the ball in the goal box, a penalty kick is awarded to the offensive team.
- If an offensive player touches the ball within the goal box, a goal kick is awarded to the defensive team.
- If the ball comes to a complete stop in the goal box, regardless of which team touched it last, a goal kick is awarded to the defensive team.
- Goal box does not apply in U5 and U7 Division.
GOAL PENALTY KICKS –
- Is a direct kick taken from the top of the center circle (15ft. line) on the offensive side of the midfield line with all other players behind the midfield line.
- If a goal is not scored, the defense obtains possession with a goal kick.
- Penalty kicks are not live balls.