KICK OFF –
- The Home team listed on the schedule will kick-off.
- The visiting team listed on the schedule will select a side to defend first.
- In Playoffs, the higher seeded team will decided whether to kick-off or defend.
- The start of play beginning each half & after a goal shall proceed with a kick-off.
- The ball shall be kicked while it is stationary on the ground in the center of the field of play.
- May be taken in any direction.
- A goal may not be scored directly from the kickoff.
- The ball is in play when it moves.
GOAL KICK –
- Results when the ball goes completely over the end line having last been touched by an attacking player.
- A member of the defensive team kicks the goal kick from the Goal Box line.
- All defenders must be behind the penalty line in U10, U13 and U18. In U8, all defenders must be at midfield. Defenders cannot cross the designated line until the ball is put into play
CORNER KICK –
- Results when the ball goes completely over the end line having last been touched by a defensive player.
- A member of the offensive team kicks the corner kick from a spot within a one yard arc of the corner of the field nearest where the ball left the field.
- A goal may be scored directly from a corner kick.
THROW IN –
- Results when the ball goes completely over the touch line (side line).
- The throw shall be taken from the point where the ball crossed the line by a player of the opposing team.
All dead ball kicks (kick-ins, free kicks, kick-offs) are indirect with exception to corner and penalty kicks.
FIVE YARD RULE: In all dead ball situations, defending players must stand at least five yards away from the ball. If the defensive player’s goal area is closer than five yards, the ball shall be placed five yards from the goal area in line with the place of the penalty.